The Africa Strategy for Green Mini-Grids, prepared by Parallax for the African Development Bank (AfDB) on behalf of the African Union, was endorsed by Energy Ministers at a Specialized Technical Committee meeting in Lome, Togo, on 17 March 2017. The strategy covers many of the issues that need to be addressed to attract finance for green mini-grids. The top five factors are:
- clear regulation and licensing
- communication of grid extension plans
- laws for cost-reflective tariffs
- integrated energy planning
- increased capacity for government officials and service providers
The strategy will soon be available via the AfDB website – please contact the AfDB Green-Mini-Grids Helpdesk for any assistance, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a copy sent to you.